If you’re familiar with WordPress plugins, Logic Hop can be easily installed and configured by completing the following steps.
- Logic Hop requires WordPress 4.6+ with PHP 5.4+
- Logic Hop will not work with WordPress.com hosted websites
Installing Logic Hop requires Administrator level access to the WordPress Dashboard. If you’re unfamiliar with installing WordPress plugins, speak with your Administrator about getting help installing Logic Hop.
- Sign up for a Logic Hop Data Plan
- Login to your Logic Hop account
- Click the My Subscription link
- Make sure the Domain Name is correct
- Copy your API Key
The Domain Name in your Subscription settings should be the primary domain name of your website without any sub-domain or www. Your Logic Hop API Key will work with your primary domain name and any sub-domain.
As an example:
- By setting your Domain Name to logichop.com your API Key will work with:
If you’re working on development or staging server you will need to use the full URL for your staging website. This will typically be something like:
Once you push your website to production, or “make it live”, you will need to update your Logic Hop Subscription with the domain name of your live website.
If you’d like to use Logic Hop simultaneously on both your live site and development/staging server please contact us and we’ll get this set up for you.
- In your WordPress Dashboard navigate to Plugins > Add New
- Search for Logic Hop using the Keyword search plugins on the upper right
- Locate the Logic Hop – Personalized Marketing for WordPress plugin and click Install Now
- After the Logic Hop plugin installs, click Activate
- In your WordPress Dashboard navigate to Logic Hop > Settings
- Enter the Domain Name & API Key for your Logic Hop Data Plan
- Click Save Changes
If all your information is correct, the page should reload and display Logic Hop API Status: Connected. Congratulations – You’re ready to start using Logic Hop!
Getting a Not Connected message? See our troubleshooting tips.
GDPR Data Storage Settings
Logic Hop is fully GDPR compliant and provides a variety of built-in options for fine tuning your data storage. Learn how to set your GDPR Data Storage options.
Is your site using a caching plugin or service?
- Click Save Changes
Using WPEngine? No problem! Click here for a few quick additional steps.
Logic Hop plugin updates will appear as notifications within your WordPress Dashboard. To update, simply click the Update link for the Logic Hop plugin. Prior to updating, we recommend that you back up your Logic Hop data.
In your WordPress Dashboard navigate to Tools > Export
- Individually select each of the following:
- Logic Hop Conditions
- Logic Blocks
- Logic Bars
- Logic Hop Goals
- Click Download Export File
Important Note: Do not click the Delete option for the Logic Hop plugin. Doing so will delete your Logic Hop data. If you accidentally delete your plugin, your Logic Hop data can be restored from your back-up files.
- Are you seeing Logic Hop API Status: API Disabled?
- Make sure the API Key is correct
- Make sure the Domain Name matches the domain name on your Subscription Page
- Make sure your website is running WordPress 4.5+ and PHP 5.6+